Discover the secret about the octopus - The "monster" of the sea
Octopuses are very intelligent animals, possibly smarter than any molluscs. Octopuses can manipulate objects, solve difficult problems, and communicate with other species, leading some researchers to think that they come from aliens.
About 300 species of octopus have been discovered by scientists in the vast ocean world. And this invertebrate animal also contains a lot of interesting things that scientists are not surprised.
1. Octopus belongs to Octopoda, a soft-bodied structure similar to squid. The octopus's body structure is boneless, without a hard outer shell, so the animal can easily weave through small rock crevices in the ocean. The unique hardware of the octopus is shaped like a parrot beak, located under the head, between 8 arms.
2. Octopus looks like a dome or bowl on top of a large pile of squid beards. But in fact, what we still call the head of the octopus is its body, which contains all the important internal organs including 3 hearts, 2 hearts that pump blood to the gills. , and 1 heart will pump blood through the entire body.
3. Octopus blood is light green.
4. Octopus eyesight is good, but unfortunately they are deaf.
5. Among all marine species, octopus is classified as the most intelligent animal. Their nervous system operates rather complex, more than two-thirds of the neurons located in the nerves in the tendons. Octopus tentacles have complex reflexes with the control of at least three levels of the nervous system.
6. The tentacles on the tentacles of the octopus have the same effect as the vacuum that helps the octopus to hold onto its prey. .
7. Octopus hands can regrow when lost.
8. Octopus species often prefer to run away rather than turn to fight with the enemy, they often fill the body with water and shoot out at high speed to create a reaction to push their entire body forward in order to Find your way to escape from the enemy. Their speed is about 25km / h.
9. Scientists have discovered octopus with the ability to remember in the short and long term. They can distinguish shapes, imitate all activities of the object after observation. Octopus's ability to escape has to be called a master because they are extremely intelligent. Some fishermen were unable to detect the octopus that had crept into their ship to eat and eat and then disappeared at any time.
10. However, the life cycle of octopus is very short, usually about 2 years, but some species can live only 6 months. Only the giant octopus in the Pacific Ocean can extend its life to 5 years if it lives in the ideal environment.
11. Scientists believe that octopus lives almost the same as salmon. They cannot survive long after mating. Males usually die a few months after putting their sperms in their females. The female octopus will live longer to protect their eggs.
Interestingly, the octopus has a quite special mating mechanism. The male creates a sperm bundle and enters the female body through a proboscis. When going deep into the female, this hose will begin to inflate, easily ejaculate its sperm easily and thoroughly, capable of eliminating the future offspring of the previous opponent.
12. Like chameleon, octopus has the ability to change the body's color to adapt to the surrounding environment so that it can evade the enemy in the most perfect way. In addition, octopus can spray ink into the enemy when in danger. The dark ink makes it difficult for these attackers to see the octopus and they easily escape.
13. White belongs to nocturnal animals, their favorite foods are crabs, molluscs and crayfish.
14. The female octopus can lay up to 150,000 eggs in two weeks. The female will not forage but focus on protecting her eggs. That causes the baby octopus after birth will lose their mother because their mother died of lack of nutrients and hunger for a long time.
15. A newborn baby octopus is about the size of a flea.
16. The blue-spotted octopus is one of the most venomous marine animals in the world: it can kill you after a bite.
17. Octopus moves by crawling or swimming. But their main way of movement is to crawl.
FIDITOUR TRAVEL COMMUNICATION COMPANY
Representative: Mr. Tran Van Long - Chairman and General Director
Head office: 95B-97-99 Tran Hung Dao, District 1, City. Ho Chi Minh.
Hanoi Branch: 66 Tran Hung Dao, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Phone: 028 730 56789 | Hotline: 19001177